Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our new patient coordinator via email, or set up a your discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Your initial visit and first follow up visit at Lifestyle CenterMD must be in person. After the second visit, many of the follow up visits such as lab reviews, medication adjustments, dietary plans etc can be done over phone or telemedicine. Complex cases, certain assessments and prescriptions do require visits in person based on clinician judgement.
Patients have unlimited email contact with the Lifestyle CenterMD team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Emails requiring detailed responses will be charged to the credit card on file.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Lifestyle CenterMD doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $ 50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: We have a strict no-show policy. If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
For many of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments. However, we will make every effort to get you in during the next working day.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Lifestyle CenterMD which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Other medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rule. If you do not have any insurance coverage, we will provide you with our deeply discounted rates for lab tests and other specialized tests.
Lifestyle CenterMD will not submit any medical claim to the insurance company on your behalf. We cannot assist you with any claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement wherever applicable. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab and diagnostic tests ordered by Lifestyle CenterMD physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab or radiology services.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Lifestyle CenterMD.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Lifestyle CenterMD doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing. However some specialized lab testing are essential to optimize your care.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Lifestyle CenterMD physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Lifestyle CenterMD, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Currently we have favorable pricing for our patients from Quest Diagnos
Take The First Step On Your Journey Back To Vibrant Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Lifestyle CenterMD is right for you.